- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - 2017-2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Pacific Drought - Sep 2011
- South Pacific: Tsunami - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Cook Islands: Tropical Cyclone Olaf - Feb 2005
- Pacific: Cyclone Heta - Jan 2004
Suva, Fiji, 29 October 2015
Two hundred people involved in disaster response across the region are gathered in Suva for the annual Pacific Humanitarian Partnership meeting where the impact of disasters on women and children has been on the agenda today.
The meeting was addressed by HRH Princess Sarah Zeid of Jordan on the role of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) programs in building resilience to disaster and climate change.
American Sāmoa is home to some of the most beautiful ecosystems on earth. But if you've lived here long, you know that American Sāmoa (like everywhere else) is vulnerable to natural and man-made disasters. Vulnerabilities include such risks as drought, wildfire, heavy storms and flooding, mudslides, erosion, tsunami, and earthquakes, among others.