- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - 2017-2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Pacific Drought - Sep 2011
- South Pacific: Tsunami - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Cook Islands: Tropical Cyclone Olaf - Feb 2005
- Pacific: Cyclone Heta - Jan 2004
Rescue efforts were winding down and emergency relief getting into full gear in response to the successive natural disasters that recently hit Asia and the Pacific, John Holmes, Emergency Relief Coordinator, told correspondents at Headquarters this afternoon.
"It's a very bad time for this region, with different disasters, not linked to each other, but coming together in this tragic way," said Mr.
As earthquakes are being reported in Indonesia the Red Cross Red Crescent is now responding to four near-simultaneous disasters in Asia Pacific.
The Asia Pacific region is tragically living up to its reputation as one of the most disaster-prone regions of the world with four near-simultaneous disasters - devastation from Typhoon Ketsana and torrential rains in the Philippines and Viet Nam in South East Asia, and a strong earthquake followed by a tsunami on the Samoan islands, in the Pacific.