- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - 2017-2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Pacific Drought - Sep 2011
- South Pacific: Tsunami - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Cook Islands: Tropical Cyclone Olaf - Feb 2005
- Pacific: Cyclone Heta - Jan 2004
Normal to below normal rainfall is evident in many Pacific Island countries, with the Pacific Ocean showing renewed signs of El Niño development. There is a 50 per cent chance of an El Niño forming by the end of 2014. Water conservation measures are recommended.
Drought conditions are being monitored on Emau Island, located in North Efate in Shefa Province. The island, with a population of 1,000 has not had rainfall since June 2014.
A teenage girl has died and homes have been evacuated under the threat of landslides following a day of severe weather in America Samoa.
Read the full article here