Most read reports
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report Epi Week 38 (September 16–22, 2018)
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (Aug 19 – Aug 25, 2018)
- Asia Pacific Regional Hazard Map: Earthquake Risk - Modified Mercalli Scale
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (May 28 – June 10, 2018)
- Thousands of people's crops affected by Gita in American Samoa
Normal to below normal rainfall is evident in many Pacific Island countries, with the Pacific Ocean showing renewed signs of El Niño development. There is a 50 per cent chance of an El Niño forming by the end of 2014. Water conservation measures are recommended.
Drought conditions are being monitored on Emau Island, located in North Efate in Shefa Province. The island, with a population of 1,000 has not had rainfall since June 2014.
A teenage girl has died and homes have been evacuated under the threat of landslides following a day of severe weather in America Samoa.
Read the full article here