Most read reports
- American Samoa to get over $US60 million in Gita aid
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (June 10 – 24, 2018)
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (May 28 – June 10, 2018)
- Asia Pacific Regional Hazard Map: Earthquake Risk - Modified Mercalli Scale
- American Samoa Weekly Communicable Disease Surveillance Report - Week of Sunday, July 01, 2018 -- Saturday, July 07, 2018 (Epi Week 27)
Normal to below normal rainfall is evident in many Pacific Island countries, with the Pacific Ocean showing renewed signs of El Niño development. There is a 50 per cent chance of an El Niño forming by the end of 2014. Water conservation measures are recommended.
Drought conditions are being monitored on Emau Island, located in North Efate in Shefa Province. The island, with a population of 1,000 has not had rainfall since June 2014.
A teenage girl has died and homes have been evacuated under the threat of landslides following a day of severe weather in America Samoa.
Read the full article here