- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (14 February 2019). 21 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 March 2019. 21 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: International Women's Day: "Keep moving forward and fight". Joy and colour as females refugees are celebrated on international women's day in Lovua settlement. 21 Mar 2019
- UN Human Rights Committee: Human Rights Committee considers the report of Angola. 9 Mar 2019
- ECHO: Angola – Floods (INAMET, GOVAO, Floodlist, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 March 2019). 22 Mar 2019
On 8 March 2019, refugees and humanitarian partners organised activities to celebrate female refugees who live in Lovua settlement in north of Angola.
YOKOHAMA– The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has welcomed a total of US$69 million in funding from the Government of Japan to provide vital food, nutrition and resilience building support in 28 countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
Of the total contributions, US$18 million will be used to continue to support vulnerable families in Yemen where over 20 million people are struggling to meet their daily food needs.
• UNICEF’s response to the North Kivu and Ituri Ebola outbreak can be found on a biweekly basis in the Ebola specific situation reports: https://www.unicef.org/appeals/drc_sitreps.html
• Kasai and Kwango: hundreds of Congolese nationals continue to return to DRC from Angola on a daily basis.
• Voluntary surrender of more than 500 militia members in Kasai and Kasai provinces, among those 60 children, after the announcement of the final presidential election results.
This update concerns the situation of Congolese refugees and asylum seekers in countries in the region.
As of 31 January 2019, 825,002 Congolese refugees are being hosted in African countries. In January 2019 alone, some 6,318 Congolese fled to neighboring countries, with a particularly significant increase in refugee flows to Uganda, Zambia and Kenya.
Ce document fournit une mise à jour intermédiaire sur les principaux évènements ayant lieu entre la publication mensuelle des rapports opérationnels du HCR.
This document provides a mid-month update on major developments between the publication of UNHCR’s monthly Operational Updates.
The GHO published on 4 December 2018 announced funding requirements of $21.9 billion for 21 Humanitarian Response Plans and the Venezuela Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan (RMRP). With the inclusion of the Zimbabwe Flash Appeal last month, funding requirements for UN-led appeals as at end February amounted to $22.42 billion.
Of 138.8 million people estimated to be in need of assistance, the humanitarian response plans envisage assisting 103.7 million.