Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (January to June 2018)
- Lunda Sul: Health authorities step up border surveillance over Ebola fears
- Angola steps up with DRR strategy
- 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (23 August 2018)
- “My first period was here in the refugee settlement. That day was sad and shameful.” - Supporting refugees' menstrual health
Congo's warring rivals traded accusations Tuesday that Angola, Zimbabwe and Rwanda are mobilizing forces to fight in Congo, as the UN Secretary General prepares to fly into this besieged city to assess weeks of fighting that has displaced a quarter million people.
The accusations of foreign involvement, reminiscent of a disastrous 1998-2002 war that drew in eight African nations, stoked fears of a wider conflict in this mineral-rich nation.
The fighting has forced tens of thousands of refugees to struggle through the countryside with what belongings they can carry.