Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Lunda Sul: Health authorities step up border surveillance over Ebola fears
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (January to June 2018)
- Angola steps up with DRR strategy
- 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (23 August 2018)
- “My first period was here in the refugee settlement. That day was sad and shameful.” - Supporting refugees' menstrual health
This annual report describes bilateral development cooperation between Norway and 30 of the countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East that received the most assistance in 2007. Norwegian development assistance totalled NOK 21.8 billion in 2007. Of this amount, bilateral assistance (including multi-bilateral assistance) accounted for NOK 15.7 billion.
"The ceasefire agreement that last week put an end to 30 years of civil war in Angola is the first step on the way to democracy, development and justice. I now call upon the government to continue its efforts for demobilization and national reconciliation," said Foreign Minister Jan Petersen.
The historic ceasefire agreement concluded on 4 April put a formal end to the civil war that has raged ever since Angola became independent of Portugal in 1975.