Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Episcopal Relief and Development (ERD) is proud to announce the receipt of a grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under the Malaria Communities Program (MCP).
Episcopal Relief and Development's (ERD) NetsforLife malaria partnership is providing life saving protection to children and families in 16 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The program is protecting close to 700,000 people, including mothers and vulnerable children who are most susceptible to contracting the disease.
The NetsforLife partnership encompasses ERD and a number of private individuals and corporations including ExxonMobil Foundation, Standard Chartered Bank and the Coca-Cola Africa Foundation. Christian Aid is playing a key role as well.
Torrential rains have displaced thousands living in Mozambique, Malawi and Angola. Heavy flooding has destroyed homes and crops and damaged schools, public buildings and communications infrastructure. The floods have also caused an increase in the occurrence of cholera and malaria.