Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
At the end of the Kimberley Process summit on conflict diamonds, international aid agency ActionAid expressed disappointment that no agreement was reached over instituting a system of regular monitoring to prevent potential abuses of the scheme to halt the trade in illicitly mined diamonds.
Campaigners representing a broad coalition of lobbyists and development agencies today gave a cautious welcome to the proposed launch of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme on conflict diamonds on January 1, 2003. However, they reiterated their concerns over the diamond industry's lack of accountability.