Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Angola gained independence from Portugal in 1975. The internal conflict that ensued continued until 2002 and forced nearly 450 thousand refugees out of the country. AAR JAPANconducted surveys on the situation surrounding the returnees and established the AAR JAPAN Angola office in Luanda, the capital of Angola, in November 2003. We remain the only Japanese NGO in Angola.
Mine Risk Education
It has been said that About 15 million landmines are buried in Angola, a number that exceeds the Angolan population of 13.6 million.