Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Lunda Sul: Health authorities step up border surveillance over Ebola fears
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (January to June 2018)
- Angola steps up with DRR strategy
- 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (23 August 2018)
- “My first period was here in the refugee settlement. That day was sad and shameful.” - Supporting refugees' menstrual health
Flávia Villela reports from Agência Brasil
Brazil houses 9,000 recognized refugees from 78 countries, especially from Syria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Colombia and Angola, and this is a growing number due to humanitarian crises and armed conflicts in different parts of the world. In the last 6 years, the number of asylum, seekers-seekers increased over 2,860%, according to the National Committee for Refugees (CONARE).
Ivan Richard reports from Agência Brasil
Over the last four years, the number of refugees in Brazil nearly doubled, surging from 4,218 in 2011 to 8,400 in 2015. The data come from the National Committee for Refugees (Conare), linked with the Justice Minister, and were released Wednesday (Aug. 19). The most common reasons cited in asylum requests are human rights violations (51.13%), political persecution (22.5%), family reunion (22.29%), and religious persecution (3.18%).
Medicines donated by the Brazilian government to assist victims of malaria in Angola
BRASILIA - A Brazilian Air Force C-130 military plane carrying anti-malaria tablets has been sent to Angola, where approximately 1,8 million people were diagnosed with the disease in 2007, which constitutes almost 15% of the countries' population.