Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
The agreement between Angola and Zambia to reconstruct the life-line Benguela railway is the latest example of practical commitment to regional integration in southern Africa and economic development on the continent.
The US$60 million project to rebuild the Benguela rail line is a direct dividend of the peace process that ended a protracted civil war that, for 27 years, tore apart and slowed down Angola's otherwise vibrant economy.
Harare - The Pan-African Women conference on "Culture of Peace in Africa" adopted a Declaration that seeks to promote peace on the continent by involving the active participation of women in peace talks. The conference was held on the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar in May 1999.