Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Floods reported to be the worst for more than 50 years have affected parts of Namibia, Zambia and Angola. More than 350,000 people are affected. A MapAction team deployed to Namibia in late March to help to map humanitarian needs. Click here for Namibia maps.
MapAction is assisting the NGO Mines Advisory Group (MAG) in its operations in Angola. Two MapAction volunteers have travelled to eastern Angola to train MAG personnel in the use of GIS to enhance the efficiency and safety of demining work across one of the most mine-affected provinces in the world. (Picture =A9MAG 2008)
MAG requested MapAction's help to upgrade its GIS capacity across all of its national mine action programmes.