Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Imagine waking up one morning to help your family get ready for the day, and winding up in a hospital miles and miles away without your right leg.
This is only the beginning of the story of Clementina Caj, 44, from the province of Lunda Sul in Angola as well as that of thousands of landmine survivors in Africa and around the world.
While she and her husband were asleep one night six years ago, one of the warring factions in the country's 27-year civil war, the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA), planted landmines near their home.