Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (January to June 2018)
- Angola steps up with DRR strategy
- Lunda Sul: Health authorities step up border surveillance over Ebola fears
- 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (23 August 2018)
- “My first period was here in the refugee settlement. That day was sad and shameful.” - Supporting refugees' menstrual health
In 2016, the Surge Capacity Section (SCS) managed 144 deployments to 32 countries.
20 Oct 2009, UNHCR - Tens of thousands of Angolans recently expelled from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) are in dire need of humanitarian assistance in various sites around the town of Mbanza Congo in northern Angola. UNHCR visited Mbanza Congo over the weekend, as part of an inter-agency assessment mission to the area bordering the DRC, where the expelled are staying.
21 Jul 2009 - A disease affecting fish stocks threatens the livelihoods of 25 million people in the Zambezi River basin. The most affected country is Zambia, where over 2,000 villages and some 7,000 people are now at risk of hunger.
Written permission is not required for the use and reproduction
of this map as allowed by statutory exemptions (e.g. UN-affiliated or partner
nongovernmental organizations, United Nations Associations, UN System organizations
including Specialized Agencies) or Fair Use. It applies solely to scholarly,
academic, non-profit, or journalistic use of the properly credited ReliefWeb
Any ReliefWeb map, whether used in print, electronic or online format, must be credited as follows: Created by ReliefWeb.