Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
In accordance with the bilateral agreement signed on 30 November 2005 in Luanda, Switzerland and Angola are to put the finishing touches to the programmes financed by the 21 million USD (26.5 million CHF, or 16.7 million EUR) returned by Switzerland to Angola. Contrary to what is being affirmed in certain media circles, no further Angolan assets (neither private nor public) are blocked in Switzerland.
The two partner countries are on the point of finalizing implementation of humanitarian programmes in the areas of education and demining.
Following the bilateral agreement that was signed between Angola and Switzerland on the first of November 2005, a meeting was held in Luanda on the 30st of November to finalize the implementation mechanisms.
Switzerland will return Angolan funds that were blocked in Switzerland as a result of proceedings instituted by the Geneva judicial authorities to the Republic of Angola. The funds will be used for humanitarian projects in Angola. Mr. Walter Fust, Director-General of SDC, and H.E. Joaquim António Carlos dos Reis J=FAnior, Secretary of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Angola, signed an agreement to this effect on 1 November 2005 in Geneva.