Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
IOM and the provincial government of Huambo have inaugurated phase one of a two-phase project to rehabilitate a health care centre, a junior school and a canteen in Bailundo.
The facilities, which are run by a Catholic mission, the community of St Joseph of Cluny, serve 26 villages with a population of some 7,000 in an area badly damaged during Angola's civil war.
by Jean-Philippe Chauzy
Angola - Return and Reintegration Programme Receives New Backing
Chevron Texaco Angola is contributing US$250,000 towards IOM's ongoing Return, Reinsertion and Reintegration (RRR) programme in the Eastern Moxico province.
The project, which has already received US$100,000 from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), is providing immediate assistance to thousands of vulnerable Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), returnees, former combatants, war widows and to the very poor living in communities in the Alto Zambeze …
Spokesperson: Jean Philippe Chauzy