Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- UN RC Angola: United Nations supports voluntary repatriation of refugees to DR Congo. 14 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
Luanda - The two Angolan helicopters, that arrived in Beira, Mozambique, on Tuesday to support the work of the humanitarian mission, will be used to transport food, medicine and other equipment.
Speaking to the press, the head of the Angolan humanitarian aid mission to the victims of Cyclone Idai, Sabino Dunguionga, said that the decision to use these air resources resulted from a meeting between local authorities and international partners in Beira.
The two aircraft have the capacity to carry up to 2,650 kilograms of weight.