Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
Luanda - Mapping of hazards and risk areas is being implemented to prevent disasters and other occurrences that claim lives and destruction of the State and people-owned properties, said Luanda Provincial Command of Civil Protection and Fire-Fighter Service (SPCB).
The fact was announced by the head of the Operational Planning area of SPCB, Flávio Chimbundi.
Chimbundi said that the initiative involves awareness campaigns among the population to prevent illegal grabbing of land, mainly in hazardous areas.
UNICEF PROVIDES HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO CHILDREN AND WOMEN AFFECTED BY DROUGHT, CONFLICT, FLOODS AND DISEASE OUTBREAKS
- Violent attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia, have caused over 402,000 people to flee their homes since March. Tensions are high in the Great Lakes region with new refugee movements taking place into neighbouring countries. In Western Kenya, 67,000 people remain internally displaced following the Mt.
Regional: Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania continue to supply maize to grain deficit countries.