Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Angola and UNHCR to create refugee database. 18 Feb 2020
- Govt. Angola: 125 suspected land mines in Cuanza Norte identified. 18 Feb 2020
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- Thomson Reuters Foundation: Cheap as bread, girls sell sex to survive crisis in Africa. 31 Jan 2020
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
UNICEF launched in January 2005 its Humanitarian Action Report (HAR) in favour of 33 countries in crisis, including all CAP countries.
The following is an update on the funding situation in each of the HAR countries. The appeal figures are the original HAR appeals, and wherever the HAR appeal has been raised in light of an aggravating emergency situation or crisis, this has been noted in the text. The funding status (1) of these countries should then be seen in light of their increased humanitarian needs.
Eastern and Southern Africa
GENEVA, 26 January 2005 - UNICEF
today appealed for more than $750 million to help millions of children
struggling to survive conflicts and other emergencies in countries around
the world, saying that the tsunami had shown that people care deeply about
children in desperate situations but are often not aware of them.