Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Japan spends USD 200,000 on mine clearance in Uíge. 12 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Government releases USD 600 million to combat drought. 11 May 2019
Imagine waking up one morning to help your family get ready for the day, and winding up in a hospital miles and miles away without your right leg.
This is only the beginning of the story of Clementina Caj, 44, from the province of Lunda Sul in Angola as well as that of thousands of landmine survivors in Africa and around the world.
While she and her husband were asleep one night six years ago, one of the warring factions in the country's 27-year civil war, the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA), planted landmines near their home.