Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- HALO: Angola invests $60m to clear landmines from Earth’s ‘last wild place’. 18 Jun 2019
- MAG: Towards a landmine-free Angola. 17 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: OMA launches campaign to support drought victims. 13 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over USD 300 million needed for demining. 9 Jun 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene: First lady donates food items to drought-hit families. 12 Jun 2019
Photos are available for download here: http://uni.cf/1U26L1e
LONDON/MBABANE, Swaziland 8 JUNE 2016 – UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham travelled to Swaziland this week to see how 7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund is helping UNICEF to support and protect HIV-positive children. During his visit Beckham heard and saw how the worst drought in decades - now taking hold of vast swathes of Eastern and Southern Africa - is threatening to wreak havoc on the lives of children and families already made vulnerable by HIV.
Situation Overview: HIV and AIDS
The SADC region accounts for some of the highest HIV prevalence levels in the world. An estimated 14.6 million people in the region, are living with HIV. Women account for more than 50% of those living with HIV in the region.
This appeal seeks CHF 25,489,509 (USD 22,799,203 or EUR 15,448,187) to fund the planned programmes that are to be implemented in 2008-2009.
The Southern Africa region faces enormous humanitarian challenges, which have eroded livelihood the coping mechanisms for most people in the region. The human and social cost of these disasters in terms of life and property loss as well as the disruption of communities and livelihood has placed a considerable strain on the social fabric of the affected areas and the ability to recover and further develop.