Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Hepatitis outbreak tops 1 600 confirmed cases. 21 Nov 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 40 cases of polio recorded in Angola. 18 Nov 2019
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at One-Month Lead
January -- March 2006 Southern Africa
The outlook for Jan-Mar 2006 southern Africa rainfall at one month lead shows a low to moderate tilt in the odds favoring below average rainfall over Namibia, portions of southern Angola, southern Botswana, Swaziland, portions of southern Mozambique, the Maize Triangle and the Western Cape Province of South Africa, and locally over southern Madagascar.
- Informal cross border maize and rice trade volumes resurge in December.
- Retail maize prices continue to rise with most of the monitored countries going through the lean season.
- Additional monitoring of Zimbabwe borders still shows insignificant cross border trade in maize with her neighbours.
Informal Cross Border Maize and Rice Trade Flow Volumes Surge In December