Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 8 October, 2018 [EN/PT]
- Rain displaces 50 families in Malanje
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (August / September 2018)
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (January to June 2018)
- Lunda Sul: Health authorities step up border surveillance over Ebola fears
The Chã das Caldeiras area has been evacuated following the eruption of Pico Fogo Volcano on 23 November an access restricted since 7 December by Civil Protection authorities due to increased volcanic activity.
Updated figures indicate 1076 persons have been displaced and are currently housed in temporary accommodation centers, shelter units built after the 1995 eruption, and with host families.
The contingency plan for the possible evacuation of Cutelo Alto and Fonsaco areas was completed.
Luanda - Five 40-foot containers with food and building materials bound for Cabo Verde hit by a volcanic eruption on the archipelago's Fogo Island are being loaded since Thursday onto the Angolan Navy's Rio Mbridge ship, in Luanda, Angop learnt.
The 51 ton-relief include corn flour, rice, beans, sausage, cooking salt and cooking oil, as well as building material comprising zinc sheets, rods and tubes.
The ship is expected to reach Cape Verde within 15 days.
Luanda - The Angolan head of State José Eduardo dos Santos has instructed the Government to immediately send humanitarian relief aid to Cabo Verde hit by a volcanic eruption on the archipelago?s Fogo Island.
The information is contained in a press release that reached Angop on Thursday, stating that the president’s decision follows an appeal from the Cabo Verde’s authorities.
The aid includes civil protection equipment, foodstuffs and construction materials.