Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Out of school and into marriage: 39,000 girls forced to marry every day
Girls in 26 countries are more likely to be forced into marriage than to enroll in secondary school, research from CARE has found.
The report, Vows of Poverty, has been released to mark the International Day of the Girl on 11 October and provides a snapshot of the forces that drive girls into marriage and out of school.
The report found:
Tokyo, 26 September 2014 – The government announced today that it will donate US$ 2 million to a United Nations programme to help African nations prepare for disasters.
The money will go to the United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) ‘Preparedness for Resilient Recovery’ project, which is working to help Angola, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Niger and Rwanda, to better manage and prepare for recovery before disasters occur.