Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 8 October, 2018 [EN/PT]
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (January to June 2018)
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report (August / September 2018)
- Lunda Sul: Health authorities step up border surveillance over Ebola fears
- Rain displaces 50 families in Malanje
A. Situation Analysis
Description of the Disaster
• November 2015: The authorities at the National Migration Institute (INM for its acronym in Spanish) estimated that around 20,000 people – of mainly Cuban origin – passed through the region in 2014 and 2015.
• August 2016: The INM’s Regional Office and the Centre for Assistance to Irregular Migrants (CAMI for its acronym in Spanish) received requests for assistance from an average of 2,500 migrants per month.
Hurricane Felix came ashore on Tuesday morning in northeast Nicaragua, near Punta Gorda, as a category five storm. Hurricane warnings have also been issued for eastern Honduras.