Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Luanda - Mapping of hazards and risk areas is being implemented to prevent disasters and other occurrences that claim lives and destruction of the State and people-owned properties, said Luanda Provincial Command of Civil Protection and Fire-Fighter Service (SPCB).
The fact was announced by the head of the Operational Planning area of SPCB, Flávio Chimbundi.
Chimbundi said that the initiative involves awareness campaigns among the population to prevent illegal grabbing of land, mainly in hazardous areas.
UNICEF PROVIDES HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO CHILDREN AND WOMEN AFFECTED BY DROUGHT, CONFLICT, FLOODS AND DISEASE OUTBREAKS
- Violent attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia, have caused over 402,000 people to flee their homes since March. Tensions are high in the Great Lakes region with new refugee movements taking place into neighbouring countries. In Western Kenya, 67,000 people remain internally displaced following the Mt.
Regional: Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania continue to supply maize to grain deficit countries.