Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
The food security situation in most of Southern Africa was relatively stable during the past year, although some parts of the region faced acute food insecurity.
As of July 2013, an estimated 10.4 million people in the region were at risk of food insecurity.
In FY 2013, USAID provided more than $75 million in humanitarian assistance to Southern Africa.
Tight cereal supplies and greater emergency food assistance needs expected