Appeals & Response Plans
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
- Angola: Floods - Mar 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
By CHRISTABEL LIGAMI Special Correspondent
The African Medical Research Foundation (Amref) has partnered with health ministries to execute the three-year programme.
The three-year campaign dubbed “Stand up for African mothers,” aims at training midwives and create awareness about maternal deaths in the region.
Lennie Bazira, the Amref Kenya country director, said currently one skilled midwife is able to provide care for 500 mothers every year and safely deliver 100 babies.
Note: Map in 2 pages