- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
In 2016, CERF allocated US$ 295 million – approximately 67 per cent of annual global allocations – to support life-saving humanitarian activities across Africa. Over $166 million was allocated through CERF’s Rapid Response window to kick-start humanitarian operations in response to new or rapidly deteriorating emergencies, while nearly $129 million was allocated through CERF’s Underfunded Emergencies window to help underfunded and neglected emergencies.
La planification humanitaire pour 2016 prévoit 4,3 millions de personnes dans le besoin dont 1,5 million ciblées pour une assistance humanitaire, reflétant des niveaux élevés de vulnérabilité dans tout le pays.
816 aid workers reported killed, kidnapped, injured or assaulted between January 2015 and June 2016
In 2015, open sources reported 515 aid workers killed (179), kidnapped (129) and assaulted or injured (207) in 234 severe incidents. During the first six months of 2016, open sources reported 301 aid workers killed (129), kidnapped (75) and assaulted or injured (97) in 122 severe incidents.