- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report January - December 2018
Cazombo - At least 1,195 families from Cazombo village, in eastern Moxico's municipality of Alto Zambeze, were left homeless as a result of heavy rains that hit the region recently.
The information was released by a source from the Municipal Commission for Civil Protection, stating the rains caused the collapse of 394 houses in the localities of Chinuque, Chipoia, Jamba and Cerâmica.
The source added that the families affected are currently in the open as the Civil Protection Commission is struggling to provide assistance due to the lack of funds.
Luanda - The heavy rains that hit last week some areas of Luanda province left more than 1,800 homes flooded in the municipality of Viana.
Angop learned that of the above number, 1,200 houses in Km 12A area, 540 in Km9A, 20 in Mulenvos and 40 near the ravines of Boa Fé neighbourhood, some of which even collapsed.
The information was released by the local director of Community Services, Fernando Binge, who added that the rains caused damage estimated at Akz 320 million, but there were no records of human losses.