- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
JANUARY 2015– MARCH 2015 RAINFALL HIGHLIGHTS
The southern African summer monsoon continued to be very active in the northern part of DRC, Island States and on the vicinity of eastern parts of SADC region.
The region received mostly normal to below normal rain-fall conditions;
Normal to above normal rain-fall conditions were observed over DRC, Tanzania, northern Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles;
During March 2015, a favor-able distribution in rainfall was observed across western sub-region.
DECEMBER 2014– FEBRUARY 2015 RAINFALL HIGHLIGHTS
•The austral summer monsoon continues to be very active over Indian Ocean and in the vicinity of eastern parts of continental SADC.
•The region received: normal rainfall conditions over the easternmost parts of contiguous SADC mostly covered by Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
•Significant drier-than-normal conditions continued to occur over the western and southern parts of conterminous SADC.