- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Save the Children hails progress on children's rights but warns of challenges ahead.
(May 19, 2009) - Save the Children, founder of children's rights, today celebrates 90 years of work achieving change for children around the world. In 2009, the aid organisation faces challenges of conflict and economic crisis similar to its beginnings in the aftermath of the First World War.
Today in Ethiopia 4 out of 10 children suffer from hunger.
David Mepham, Save the Children's director of policy, said: "Every minute a mother dies in child birth or from pregnancy-related complications and the vast majority of these deaths are preventable.