- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ECHO: Angola – Floods (INAMET, GOVAO, Floodlist, Media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 22 March 2019). 22 Mar 2019
- UN Human Rights Committee: Human Rights Committee considers the report of Angola. 9 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (14 February 2019). 21 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 March 2019. 21 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: International Women's Day: "Keep moving forward and fight". Joy and colour as females refugees are celebrated on international women's day in Lovua settlement. 21 Mar 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Libya: Concern is growing for the increasing number of people affected by crisis since mid-July, as violence persists, rival governments are failing to assure basic services, and most humanitarian organisations have withdrawn.
Snapshot 6 - 12 August
Central African Republic: The CAR President Catherine Samba-Panza named a Muslim as the new Prime Minister. Renewed clashes have displaced 20,000 people in Batafango (Ouham) since July and 17,000 people in Bambari (Ouaka) since June. A total of 890 security incidents were recorded in 2014, hampering humanitarian access.
Conseil de sécurité
Point 64 b) de l’ordre du jour provisoire**
Nouveau Partenariat pour le développement de l’Afrique : progrès accomplis dans la mise en œuvre et appui international : les causes des conflits et la promotion d’une paix et d’un développement durables en Afrique
Item 64 (b) of the provisional agenda**
New Partnership for Africa’s Development: progress in
implementation and international support: causes of
conflict and the promotion of durable peace and
sustainable development in Africa