- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report January - December 2018
"This 17th Edition of To Walk the Earth In Safety summarizes the United States' CWD programs in 2017. CWD assistance provides the United States with a powerful and flexible tool to help partner countries manage their stockpiles of munitions, destroy excess small arms and light weapons (SA/LW) and clear explosive hazards such as landmines, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and UXO. Our assistance also helps countries destroy or enhance security of their man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) and their threat to civilian aviation, in addition to other weapons and munitions.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Over the five-year period since 2011, international support to mine action peaked in 2012 at $498.9 million, followed by a sharp decline in the next years all the way down to $352 million in 2015.
The top ten donors to mine action between 2011-2015 were: the United States, Japan, the European Union, Norway, Germany, Australia, the Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Sweden.
A Message From Assistant Secretary Puneet Talwar