- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Demining Brigade destroys over 1,000 explosive devices
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
BEIJING, Nov 07, 2009 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- For children living in peace, war is the stuff of fast-paced action movies or high-adrenaline computer games. Yet today, an astounding figure released by UNICEF shows that more than 250,000 children are fighting in wars and armed conflicts worldwide and witnessing atrocities.
From the "little bees" of Colombia to the "baby brigades" of Sri Lanka, boys and girls, some as young as six, have been transformed into small but highly efficient killing machines.
But what happens to child soldiers when the guns fall silent?
LAGOS (Aug. 3) XINHUA - Nigeria
and Libya will coordinate their position on the forthcoming special summit
of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) in a bid to make the African
continent conflict-free by next year.
After delivering a special message from Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi to President Olusegun Obasanjo, Libyan special envoy Ali Abdulsalami Tureki said Monday that Libya is willing to work with Nigeria in the resolution of conflicts within the African continent.
ADDIS ABABA (June 24) XINHUA - The Organization of African Unity (OAU) has called on the international community to pay as much attention to refugees and internally displaced persons in Africa as they are doing in other parts of the world.