- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Highlights from the SIPRI YEARBOOK 2002
Security and conflicts
The 15 most deadly conflicts in 2001-those that killed over 100 people-were all intra-state conflicts, but all of them were directly affected by external actors and 11 of them spilled over international borders. 11 of the conflicts have lasted for eight or more years.
51 multilateral peace operations were operational during 2001.
There were no new UN peace missions in 2001 for the first time since 1996.
REMINDER: A press conference will be held at Hotel Eggers, Drottningtorget, in Gothenburg on Wednesday, 13 June 2001, at 15:00.
EMBARGO: Not for release until 13 June 2001, 1500 CET