- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report January - December 2018
Tackling the problems of poverty, vulnerability and exclusion that persist in parts of the world that continue to be affected by violence or political insecurity is difficult for several reasons. For one, because of the complexity of the prevailing social, economic and political systems, solutions to chronic problems are far from obvious.
One response to this aspect of the challenge is adaptive programme design and management.
Researched, written and published by
the Humanitarian Policy Group at ODI
This report by Anna Jefferys
This report by Marc Vincent
21 November 2001 (HPN) - The proposal for a dedicated IDP unit in the UN has met with a mixed reaction. But the humanitarian community must seize this opportunity to improve its assistance to IDPs; it could be years before we get another chance.