- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
22nd & 23rd Meetings (AM & PM)
During Annual Debate on Africa, Speakers Cite Vital Importance Of Implementing Objectives of New Partnership for Africa's Development
(New York: 21 June 2006): Over 500 people gathered in Bangui, capital of the Central African Republic (CAR), for a celebration of World Refugee Day. Hosted by the Government with support from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), the event was attended by representatives of the refugee communities from 12 countries, government officials, diplomats, UN and non-governmental organisation (NGO) staff and others.
"A 2020 Vision for Food, Agriculture, and the Environment" is an initiative of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) to develop a shared vision and consensus for action on how to meet future world food needs while reducing poverty and protecting the environment.
(Bamako, Mali: 14 February 2001) The International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) today called on all countries of Africa to join, implement and comply with the international treaty banning antipersonnel mines (the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty) at the opening of a two-day regional governmental meeting on landmines in Bamako, Mali.