- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 28 February 2019). 23 Mar 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 January 2019). 23 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Minister announces measures to combat drought in Cunene. 25 Mar 2019
- UN Human Rights Committee: Human Rights Committee considers the report of Angola. 9 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: 450 meteorological stations needed. 25 Mar 2019
In November 2015, more than 1,000 Cuban nationals were reported to be camped out at the Paso Canoas border crossing with Panama. In view of requirements for entering the country and the fact that these migrants did not meet them, a significant amount of people began to congregate in this border community, taking to living in the streets while they waited for a solution to their immigration status. The Costa Rican government issued permits allowing migrants to enter the country and continue on their way to the United States.
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: To increase the capacity of the International Federation to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters through the provision of timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF).
During the first six months of the year, the DREF allocated a total of CHF 7,484,779 in 49 different allocations to 32 Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies.