- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
Minister for Development Cooperation Agnes van Ardenne is allocating an extra €5 million to relieve the famine in Africa. The money will go to start the appeal for southern Africa and the Horn of Africa launched by the joint Dutch aid agencies on 13 December.
"Hunger threatens the lives of millions of people, most of them women and children. We are facing a disaster of such proportions that we have to do everything we possibly can to turn the tide," Van Ardenne announced.
Whenever a disaster of this kind occurs, the Dutch aid agencies join forces to raise funds.
Released by Development Cooperation:
Eveline Herfkens, Minister for Development Cooperation, has earmarked more than six million guilders for emergency aid to Angola, where the civil war between the government troops of President Dos Santos and Jonas Savimbi's UNITA escalated in late 1998.
Over a million guilders is intended for the Angola field office of the UN office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
The World Food Programme can also count on more than a million guilders for air support to humanitarian operations carried out by both the UN and …