- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Demining Brigade destroys over 1,000 explosive devices
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
August 27, 2012
Critical need to maintain immunity to poliovirus in India until global eradication achieved
ATLANTA / EVANSTON, Ill. / GENEVA / NEW YORK / SEATTLE ¦ 12 January 2012 – India appears to have interrupted wild poliovirus transmission, today completing one year without polio since its last case, in a 2-year-old girl in the state of West Bengal, on 13 January 2011.
28 January 2011
Prime Minister David Cameron said today that the United Kingdom would double its current contribution to polio eradication.
Mr Cameron called on other donors to back the Global Polio Eradication Initiative as he announced the UK's commitment that will see an extra 45 million children fully vaccinated against the disease.
In 20 years, polio cases have been reduced by 99% and the disease is now close to being only the second in history - after smallpox - to be wiped out.
LUANDA, 25 January 2011 - As their visit to Angola came to a close today, Mr. Anthony Lake, UNICEF Executive Director, Dr. Tachi Yamada, president of the Global Health Program of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, Assistant Regional Director for WHO Africa, welcomed commitments by the government and partners to rid the country of the scourge of polio. Dr. Yamada, Dr.