- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
(BOSTON) Today, human rights and humanitarian groups called on the jewelers of America to join them in severing the link between diamonds and conflict in Africa.
In anticipation of next week's meeting of the World Diamond Congress in Antwerp, Belgium, a coalition of 58 American human rights, humanitarian, development, peace, academic, and religious groups, released a letter today calling on the international diamond industry to cease dealing "conflict diamonds." Conflict diamonds are primary sources of revenue for abusive insurgent armies in Africa, the most prominent diamond-reliant groups being the Revolutionary United Front (RUF) in Sierra Leone and Angola's Unita rebels.