- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Demining Brigade destroys over 1,000 explosive devices
- Japanese ambassador in Angola visits Lóvua settlement to inaugurate a permanent school and observe other projects funded by Japan
- Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 18 February 2019
- GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019
- Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (14 November - 17 December 2018)
La planification humanitaire pour 2016 prévoit 4,3 millions de personnes dans le besoin dont 1,5 million ciblées pour une assistance humanitaire, reflétant des niveaux élevés de vulnérabilité dans tout le pays.
Polio this week - As of 19 June 2013
Regional meeting on landmines opens today in Pretoria
Pretoria, 9 September 2009 -- African Union members must step up their efforts towards ridding the continent of landmines and fully respecting the rights of landmine survivors, said the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), 1997 Nobel Peace Laureate, today at the opening of a regional meeting on the issue.
Summary of crises with major changes since beginning of 2008
February-April 2005 CCA Outlooks at 4 Months Lead
The outlook for Feb-Apr 2005 southern Africa rainfall at four months lead show a tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall across central South Africa, most of Namibia, the western half of Botswana, portions of southern Angola and, locally, over southwestern Zambia. There is a tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall locally over northern Mozambique. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Gulf of Guinea
CCA Outlook for January-March at Four Months Lead
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR website, www.unhcr.ch, which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.