Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: At least 108 thousand kilometres of roads cleared of landmines. 17 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July 2019. 7 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 29 July 2019. 8 Aug 2019
- UNHCR: Government & UNHCR cooperation on health to affected populations: Case of Lunda Norte, Angola. 8 Aug 2019
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
In 2016, the Surge Capacity Section (SCS) managed 144 deployments to 32 countries.