Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July 2019. 7 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 29 July 2019. 8 Aug 2019
- ICRC: Angola/DRC: The unaccompanied children of Lóvua Refugee Camp share their stories. 17 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Health authorities step up surveillance against Ebola. 23 Jul 2019
Asia and the Pacific
Problem Statement/Context: The Asia Pacific region has an emergency profile characterized by a combination of natural disasters, civil/political unrest with pockets of conflict situations, and recent emerging new global threats such as high food and fuel prices crisis, the threat of pandemic influenza and other emerging diseases.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 4.9 percent to a record 2 232 million tonnes, considerably up from earlier predictions after better than expected results from the major harvests gathered in the past two months.
- Based on the latest production forecast, a significant improvement in the global supply and demand balance for cereals in the 2008/09 season can be expected.
Note: The map included a table showing the number of primary-aged children out of school. Map production date estimated.
In 2007, natural and man-made disasters continued to take a toll on the lives of people.
Thirty-seven million children living in conflict-affected fragile states remain out of school, denied their right to education and the opportunity to lift themselves and their communities out of an endless cycle of poverty and conflict. With the capacity of their governments weakened, and education systems destroyed as the result of years of conflict and crisis, these children face a bleak future unless external support is forthcoming.