Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over five million children get polio vaccine. 19 Jan 2020
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: INAD removes explosive devices in Cuito. 25 Jan 2020
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 24-January-2020. 24 Jan 2020
Intense fighting continued across Syria over the past week, in particular in and around Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, Raqqa, Idlib, Homs, and in the area stretching between Damascus and the Golan Heights. The number of Syrian refugees continued to rise, amounting to a total of 1,175,915 as of 25 March, according to UNHCR.
As the conflict in Syria entered its third year, intense fighting was reported across the country, in particular in Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, Idlib, and the area stretching between Damascus and the Golan Heights. The number of Syrian refugees continued to rise, amounting to a total of 1,129,019 as of 18 March.
On 6 March at least 27 people were killed in a standoff between approximately 200 members of the Royal Sulu Army, an armed Islamic group from the southern Philippines who have occupied the Sabah region in Malaysia since 9 February, and the Government of Malaysia.
In Syria, intense fighting was reported in Raqqa, Homs and Quneitra. The number of Syrian refugees continued to rise, amounting to a total of 1,086,975 as of 11 March.
Clashes and violence escalated during the past week in Bangladesh, following the sentencing to death of a senior Islamist leader, marking the bloodiest bout of violence since the country’s independence four decades ago.
Continuous rains have caused floods in Agusan del Sur in the Province of Pampanga in the Philippines. Some 49,073 persons were affected as of 27 February.