- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UN Human Rights Committee: Human Rights Committee considers the report of Angola. 9 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Catumbela: Vice president encourages flood victims. 20 Mar 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Rain kills four in Luanda. 23 Feb 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 12-February-2019. 12 Feb 2019
This year, three key developments have influenced WHO's emergency work: 1) the increasing demands from Member States to strengthen WHO's emergency response operations; 2) the implementation of the humanitarian reform, resulting in new responsibilities for WHO; and 3) lessons learned during recent crises.
- The FAO's latest assessment shows that 40 countries are facing food emergencies and require external assistance. Among them, the most pressing humanitarian problem remains the crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan. The already precarious food supply situation may worsen if deteriorating security disrupts the main harvest due to start in the coming few weeks.
- Prospects for the 2006 world cereal harvest have deteriorated further since July.