Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: INAD removes explosive devices in Cuito. 25 Jan 2020
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over five million children get polio vaccine. 19 Jan 2020
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 24-January-2020. 24 Jan 2020
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.