Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- World Vision: Number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- WHO: WHO supports Angola’s Government efforts to end polio outbreak. 2 Dec 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children 2020 - Angola. 4 Dec 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene Province gets heavy rain. 4 Dec 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: US makes $10 million available for HIV/AIDS. 2 Dec 2019
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.