- Southern Africa: Drought - Nov 2018
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Angola/DR Congo: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Angola: Drought - 2012-2014
- Angola: Cholera Outbreak - Dec 2011
- Angola: Floods - Dec 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Angola: Floods - Oct 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
This document outlines the global operational priorities identified by the ICRC in 2006. It is based on the yearly internal review and planning process conducted primarily by the 80 field delegations and missions.
1. During the first three months of the year 2005, the GICHD continued and consolidated its activities in the fields of operational assistance, research and support to instruments of international law. It also started its training initiative in mine action information management (see para. 4 and 11 below).
2. The first core activity of the GICHD is the provision of specific operational support and assistance to on-going mine action activities and programmes, including those run by the UN.
(a) Humanitarian operations in the region affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami on 26 December, 2004, have entered the recovery and reconstruction phase as WFP continues to assist more than 1.345 million people across the region.
(b) With bottlenecks hampering the distribution of aid and causing unrest, Sri Lanka's President has ordered administrators to deliver entitlements to at least 70 per cent of people affected by the tsunami by February 7.